As I’m sure you’re all aware, the UK has now entered into lock down. For the past week or so I’ve only been leaving the house to walk the dog/jog or visit the supermarket. It feels so strange to go from feeling like I never have any free time to having all the free time in the world!
I’ve been trying to be positive about staying indoors – I’m seeing it as an opportunity to catch up on sleep, read, bake and work on my blog. I also feel incredibly grateful that I have everything I need to isolate comfortably (including my family, who I don’t spend enough time with usually due to our work schedules).
For today’s post I thought I’d list some ideas of what to do during this time of isolation. Hopefully, things will be back to normal before we know it!
- Try an online exercise class
- Download workout apps
- Do yoga
- Clear out your wardrobe and bag up clothes/accessories you no longer wear
- Sort through your phone and delete apps/photos you don’t use or need
- Wash your make-up brushes
- Review your direct debits/paid subscriptions and cancel any you no longer benefit from
- Spring clean
- De-clutter your email inbox
- DIY – repaint your walls, rearrange a room or up cycle your furniture
- Tackle the stack of books you’ve been meaning to read for months
- Binge Netflix (without the guilt!)
- Play board games
- Listen to your favourite podcasts (or even start your own)
- Start gardening
- Download Disney+ and relive your childhood
- Cross stitch/knit/crochet
- Make your own candles
- Start a scrapbook
- Make bird feeders for your garden
- Start learning a new language
- Do puzzles
- Take an online course
- Do homework/schoolwork
- Indulge in an at-home pamper
- Facetime family/friends
- Drink lots of water!
Stay safe everyone x